“Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:1-3).
Desiring to celebrate our unity in the Lord Jesus, we are pleased to announce the re-start of in-person indoor worship at Living Savior’s two locations, starting Sunday, May 31.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Please attend if you are not showing any symptoms of the virus and if you can be comfortable worshiping with your church family when careful precautions are taken.
- Yet no one should feel pressured to attend indoor worship. To this end:
- At our Hendersonville location we will broadcast the service on FM 93.9. So you may listen and participate as you remain in your vehicle. Or you may sit outdoors under the awning and participate as you listen to the broadcast. The two doors will be open as well.
- At our Asheville location we will open the windows and two side doors so that you may listen and participate as you sit outdoors.
- We will also continue to produce a worship service in which you can participate while remaining at home.
HOW WILL WE PRACTICE PHYSICAL DISTANCING?
At our Hendersonville location, “household groups” of chairs will be spaced at least six feet apart.
At our Asheville location, every other pew will be color-coded. For one service worshipers sit in a blue row, for another in a green row, allowing at least six feet between households.
HOW WILL WE RESTRICT THE SIZE OF OUR GATHERINGS?
During this phase there will be four services each weekend:
- 6pm Saturday – Asheville
- 8:30am Sunday – Asheville
- 9:30am Sunday – Hendersonville (including drive-in & outdoor seating)
- 10am Sunday - Asheville
WHAT WILL WORSHIP BE LIKE IN EACH LOCATION?
Please take a few, brief minutes to watch these two videos which explain what you can expect at both of our locations.
WHAT OTHER PRECAUTIONS WILL BE TAKEN?
Because we love and respect one another in the Lord, we intend to err on the side of caution.
- Surfaces sanitized prior to each worship service.
- Exterior doors propped open.
- Warm greetings but always at a “safe” social distance.
- Worship folders set out on a table.
- The worship order available online for those who prefer not to pick up a worship folder.
- Hymnals removed from the worship space.
- Reminders to those who want to socialize not to congregate near the entrance (at Hendersonville) or at the near end of the fellowship hall (at Asheville).
- No food or beverages served.
WHAT ABOUT HOLY COMMUNION?
Not during this phase. Instead we will continue to encourage those who desire the sacrament to make arrangements with the pastors for private communion.
WILL THERE BE A “SUNDAY BIBLE HOUR”?
Not during this phase. Instead we will provide at-home Bible materials as well as encouragements to attend our online Bible studies.
If you are able to join us, we look forward to seeing you in church.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
The Board for Mission and Ministry
(The leadership team and pastors of Living Savior)