It can be tough to walk through life alone. God didn't make us to slog through life in solitude. We see that from the very beginning. That is why we find it very important to connect with one another. That's what the word "fellowship" is all about—connecting with others.
Connecting to one another — enjoying Christian fellowship — doesn't mean getting in one another's business. It means that we are here for one another, to serve one another, to enjoy the happy moments, and also to comfort each other through the difficult times. The Bible puts it this way: "Rejoice with those who rejoice, mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another" (Romans. 12:15-16a).
Growing stronger in our relationship with God and closer to one another is very important to us. That is why we provide opportunities to get together beyond Sunday, youth outings, small group Bible study, and other events. Here is a list of just a few events that you can look for throughout the year.
- Dinners & Devotions - On the Wednesdays leading up to Christmas (Advent) and Easter (Lent), we enjoy supper and a brief devotional worship service together. It's a relaxing way to unwind with friends and to close the day in God's Word.
- Fall Festival - Our church family has been enjoying this for a long time. Eating good food across some picnic tables with friendly faces is a great way to enjoy the afternoon. There are games for all ages and opportunities to meet new people.
- New Member Welcome - About twice a year we set aside an evening to get together for some games and some snack food. It's a great way to meet new members, enjoy time with familiar faces, and have some fun.
- Chili Cookoff - Everyone makes their best pot of chili to compete for the golden bowl and ladle.
- Movie Nights - Families get together to watch a movie suitable for all ages.
- Service Projects - Whether serving dinner to Veterans, cleaning up a neighbor's yard, or working around our property, there are plenty of service-related ways that people get connected to one another and serve their Savior.
- Specific interest groups - golfing, Tourist baseball game outings, dinner groups, tours, and more.
- Small Bible Study - Christians gathering around the Word is the strongest fellowship we can create. Therefore, there are small Bible studies currently happening at various times. Learn more about our Bible studies here.