God did not design us to face life on our own. Instead, he intended for believers to be woven together in a community so that they might encourage one another as together they walk the often-difficult path of life.
Living Savior Groups are intended to bring the members of our church family together to do just that. Their purpose is to knit Christians together in community that they might share each other’s joys and burdens, help each other in time of need, and support each other in their spiritual life.
Here is a list of all of the groups (fellowship, growth, service) that are running in this spring (2021) into the summer.
- Grief Share – Someone close and dear has died. The promises of resurrection and our Savior’s guidance have been read, heard, and believed. Yet loneliness, deep loss and grief persist. We are not alone in such feelings.
Now we have a new and meaningful way to help those who are grieving. Here’s how . . .
- Help us launch a new ministry at Living Savior called GriefShare, a Christ-centered support group for those grieving the loss of a loved one.
- Encourage people you know who are grieving to sign up and attend our GriefShare sessions. All are welcome, members and non-members!
- Consider whether you might like to become part of the Living Savior team that conducts the GriefShare sessions.
The first GriefShare gathering begins on Thursday, April 8, and runs for 13 consecutive Thursdays. Each session runs from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at AVL. You may learn more online at griefshare.org.
- Foundations of Faith — Foundations is for everyone. It is for people interested in becoming members, for those looking to build their faith, and for the curious observer who wants to study the Bible without feeling obligated to join a church. This study is Bible-based, and discussion centered. Classes are arranged to fit personal schedules. To get plugged in or to request more information, contact either pastor.
- “My Anchor Holds!” Growth Group in HVL – This Growth Group will gather around the Epistle to the Hebrews, one of the Holy Spirit’s great tools for directing our faith to our better-than-anything Priest, Sacrifice, Tabernacle, and Messiah. Some participants may do additional reading before or after each session; others will simply enjoy this time in the Word. Led by Pastor Zell, these Wednesday Bible readings will get underway on Wednesday, April 28 at 5:30 pm. Each session is 45 minutes. Participants may gather in-person at our HVL location or join us via Zoom.