Safe In-Person and Online Worship at Living Savior
“Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the spirit through the bond of peace” (Ephesians 4:1-3).
Desiring to celebrate our unity in the Lord Jesus, we continue to have in-person indoor worship at both of Living Savior's two locations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Please attend if you are not showing any symptoms of the virus and if you can be comfortable worshiping with your church family when careful precautions are taken.
- Everyone who attends is encouraged to practice social distancing.
- We request that everyone wear a mask, especially where social distancing isn't possible.
- Seating has been spread out and pews are marked in such a way to facilitate safe distancing.
- Yet no one should feel pressured to attend indoor worship. To this end:
- At our Hendersonville location we broadcast the service on FM 93.9. So you may listen and participate as you remain in your vehicle. Or you may sit outdoors under the awning and participate as you listen to the broadcast.
- At our Asheville location we have to rooms in the back that are used by only one family at a time. There is also a balcony with limited seating for those who would like to sit far from everyone else.
- We will also continue to produce an online worship service in which you can participate while remaining at home.
HOW WILL WE ENCOURAGE SPREADING OUT DURING THESE GATHERINGS?
During this phase there will be three services each weekend:
- 8:30am Sunday – Asheville
- 9:30am Sunday – Hendersonville (including drive-in & outdoor seating)
- 10:15am Sunday - Asheville
WHAT WILL WORSHIP BE LIKE IN EACH LOCATION?
If you would like to know what worship is like, the best thing that we can do is talk through it with you. Please feel free to contact either pastor at any time. We'd be happy to share more information and answer any questions that you might have.
WHAT OTHER PRECAUTIONS WILL BE TAKEN?
Because we love and respect one another in the Lord, we intend to err on the side of caution.
- Surfaces sanitized prior to each worship service.
- Warm greetings but always at a “safe” social distance.
- Worship folders set out on a table.
- The worship order available online for those who prefer not to pick up a worship folder.
- Hymnals removed from the worship space.
- Reminders to those who want to socialize not to congregate near the entrance (at Hendersonville) or at the near end of the fellowship hall (at Asheville).
WHAT ABOUT HOLY COMMUNION?
During this phase we have found a safe way to celebrate communion for those who attend in person. Of course, we are still providing private communion throughout the week at each location and by appointment. Please contact either pastor at any time.
WILL THERE BE ANY BIBLE STUDY OR SUNDAY SCHOOL?
In both locations we will have a brief time -- just 30 minutes -- for adult Bible study and kids' Sunday school. During these times all safety protocols are still in place as we gather and grow in the Word. The specific times at each location are as follows:
- Asheville Bible study and Sunday school - 9:30am - 10:00am
- Hendersonville Bible study and Sunday school - 10:30am - 11:00am
If you are able to join us, we look forward to seeing you in church.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
The Board for Mission and Ministry
(The leadership team and pastors of Living Savior)