Latest Online Worship & Sermon
Online Worship - August 23, 2020 - "Evaluate: Confession"
The online service is provided in the video above.
Everyone has an opinion about Jesus Christ, and many are willing to express it. But what will you say about him? Should you weigh all the options and say that which is the most popular or the least controversial?
Given the opportunity, the disciples made such a rock solid confession, Jesus said he would build his church on it and overcome the powers of hell with it. It stands to reason that you will want to confess his name in the same way.
Connect with us at LSavior.org/Connect
Support our ministry at LSavior.org/Give
Preparations for Online Worship:
- Find a place in your home where you can eliminate distractions. Put phones on silent and turn off the TV.
- This order of service facilitates participation. If you are with others, we think you will get a lot more out of this service by reading the parts of this service aloud, the responses, lessons, and prayers.
- Families with children, this service is for them too. Children learn best by imitating. Lead them in this service. Help them participate. Maybe they are old enough to read one of the prayers or lessons. Take a moment to describe what’s happening. See if they have any questions. Encourage them to draw what they are hearing while you all listen. Take advantage of the opportunities to pause and encourage questions and discussions more so than an average Sunday in church.
- Load the YouTube video below and hit “pause” as soon as it starts. This will eliminate distracting ads when you get to that part of the service.
- Load the devotional video so that it is ready to play when you get to that part of the service.
- Pause for a moment in private prayer and quietness.
- Afterwards pray the following prayer:
Heavenly Father, I have come to worship you. Draw near to me in your gracious Word, and assure me of your loving kindness. Curb my wandering thoughts, that with undivided attention I may hear your voice and speak your praise. Amen.